Welcome to Greater Somerset County YMCA
The Y isn’t a building. It’s people from all backgrounds and walks of life who come together to improve their lives, nurture their families and strengthen their community, together. Our programs empower young people, improve health and well-being, as well as provide support and inspire action in our communities today and every day.
Find Your Passion. Find Your Purpose. Find Your Y.
With a membership to the Y, you’re not just getting a place to work out. Here, you’re part of our community where we foster an atmosphere of independence and belonging – a place where members feel comfortable being themselves. We support parents in their efforts to instill good values in their children through engaging activities that bring families together. We provide a safe, nurturing environment for children and teens to adopt healthy behaviors for life, to play and to discover their potential. We are committed to engaging, encouraging and supporting individuals on their journey to connect with friends, pursue interests, and learn how to live healthier.
Inclusive Environment & Facilities
- Accessible parking, classes & pools for people of all abilities
- Programs for children and adults with special needs
- Programs for active older adults
- Safe environment where all staff are trained in CPR & First Aid
- Guests are welcome*
- Access to all Greater Somerset County YMCA branch facilities
- FREE nationwide membership with access to over 2,500 YMCA locations across the country
Health and Wellness
- LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA – free cancer recovery program for those who qualify
- Unlimited use of fitness centers for members age 13+
- Indoor pools for lap swimming & water exercise
- More than 200 group exercise classes weekly between branches with convenient schedules – for youth, teens, and adults
- Full-size gymnasium with scheduled open gym times
- Masters Swim Program for adults (Somerset Hills & Hillsborough)
Quality Family Time
- Family swim time
- Family open gym
- Free exclusive events for members (varies by branch)
- Free on-site babysitting for Adult and Family memberships – Kids Corner babysitting is complimentary and open to children ages 2-3 months to 13 years for two hours daily during normally scheduled hours.
Youth & Teen Activities
- Teen activities on Friday nights
- Youth Wellness Orientations for kids ages 11-12
- Group exercise classes for kids ages 7-12
We believe that everyone—no matter who they are or where they’re from—deserves the opportunity and the resources necessary to reach their full potential. Through the generosity of our Y’s Annual Campaign donors and proceeds from special fundraising events, we are proud to ensure Y programs and memberships are accessible to everyone.
COME VISIT US
Schedule a Personal Tour
We share the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility – they guide everything we do.
Our doors are open to all. The Y is made up of people of all ages, from all walks of life, working side-by-side to strengthen communities. Together, we strive to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender expression, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity.
THE Y: WHERE MEMBERSHIP MEANS MORE
The Y is the leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive.
At Greater Somerset County YMCA, we believe that everyone—no matter who they are or where they’re from—deserves the opportunity and the resources necessary to reach their full potential. We provide direct financial assistance to our neighbors in need—made possible through the generosity of our Y’s Annual Campaign donors and proceeds from special fundraising events. The Y’s Financial Assistance program is available to anyone who meets the financial guidelines of the program, lives or works in our service area and has the desire to participate in YMCA programs or services. Applying is easy. Visit gscymca.org/fa to learn more.