Swim Lessons for Youth, Teens & Adults
Swim lessons not only keep kids and adults safe in the water, they also build self-esteem and confidence!
GROUP SWIM LESSONS
Our lessons are typically 30-45 minutes each and are offered one to four times a week, depending on the session.
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
In addition to group lessons, we also offer private swim lessons for all ages 3 years and above.
The Greater Somerset County YMCA STORM Swim Team nurtures swimmers to grow as individuals, empowers them to achieve their personal goals as young athletes, and helps ignite their overall potential in a supportive, safe, yet demanding environment. GSCY STORM Swimming is a Silver Medal program recognized by USA Swimming as one of the top-200 teams in the nation.
Build More Than Muscle
Working together in creating a healthier community, one workout at a time.
Group Exercise Classes
With an array of fitness classes each week to choose from, the Y is committed to supporting you and your health and wellness goals.
Virtual On-Demand & Livestream
YMCA360 is FREE with your Y membership. Offering 2000+ on-demand exercise classes and programs, it’s healthy living for all – on all your screens!
Water Exercise Classes
If you’re recovering from sports injury, require low impact workouts or just need to relax fatigued muscles, take a dip in our pool for some exciting water exercise programs!
Health and Wellness at Every Age
From personalized one-on-one nutrition coaching and weight loss programs, to preventative programs for certain health-related diseases and cancer rehabilitation, the Y is here for you.
Youth and Adult Sports
Whether it’s a game of basketball or flag football, the sportsmanship learned through the Y’s sports programs brings friends and neighbors together – regardless of age. The sports programs we offer improve self-confidence and promote diversity among our community and include:
At the Y, we’re all about bringing people together. You’ll find that our recreational programs help kids, teens, and adults of all ages and abilities learn how to experience and enjoy a wide variety of activities in a supportive environment, including:
Our teen programs encourage youth to realize who they are and what they are capable of achieving, while making friends and memories along their journey.
What Doesn’t Challenge You Doesn’t Change You
Whether you’re new to the gym and need guidance on your fitness regimen or want to fine tune your routine, our certified personal trainers can help you set your goals with an introductory fitness assessment, and will help you reach them with a customized program tailored to your unique needs.
Our Training Options
- Tri-Pack Personal Training Introductory Offer
- Traditional One-on-One Personal Training
- FitCommit One-on-one Personal Training
- Pairs Personal Training & Small-Group Training
- Water Personal Training
Not Sure Where to Start?
Current Training Clients
Use your YMCA key fob barcode number to log in and schedule your next personal training appointment!
Adaptive Fitness and All Abilities Programs
We are proud to offer many adaptive fitness and all abilities programs and services for individuals with special needs and diverse abilities. Recognizing the need for these programs in our community, we aim to help individuals gain confidence, promote independence and responsibility, socialize and work with others, and nurture a healthy and active lifestyle. Qualified, trained staff members lead these programs and in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
Count on the Y for Quality Care
The Y is here to support the needs of area working families with safe, supervised care where kids can continue to focus on cognitive, physical, and social development.
SOMERVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Grades K – 5
Before School Care: Van Derveer Elementary School
Van Derveer students will walk with counselor supervision to and from school daily. Our Y staff will ensure students are engaged with morning activities including sports, art, and S.T.E.M.
After School Care: Van Derveer Elementary School
Van Derveer students will walk with counselor supervision to and from school daily. Our Y staff will ensure students complete daily homework requirements followed by supervised enrichment activities.
OTHER SCHOOLS & DISTRICTS
Grades K – 10
If your child is receiving private transportation to Somerville YMCA, these options are for you.
Before School Care
Our Y staff will ensure students are engaged with morning activities including sports, art, and S.T.E.M.
After School Care
Our Y staff will ensure students complete daily homework requirements followed by supervised enrichment activities.
School’s Out, But The Y Is Always In!
When school is out or closed for holiday breaks, we have you covered with full-day care in a safe, supervised environment where kids can have fun while school is out of session.
Somerville YMCA Kids Day Out
(Non-School Vacation Day Care)
We offer vacation child care when Van Derveer school is closed for holidays and school breaks throughout the school year. Care is offered from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily.
Welcome to Camp Sunburst at Somerville YMCA
Get ready to enjoy the familiar, fun, and exciting summer day camp experience you’ve come to expect from the Y, including:
- An 11-week program that runs 5 days per week, Monday, June 19th through Friday, September 1st
- For campers entering Kindergarten – 10th grade in September
- Regular camp hours: 9:00am-4:30pm
- Before camp care hours: 7:30am-9:00am
- After camp care hours: 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Camp location: Somerville YMCA, 2 Green St, Somerville, NJ 08876
2023 SUMMER CAMP OPTIONS
- KinderCamp is a multi-activity day camp for campers entering Kindergarten in September
- Offered all 11 weeks of camp at Somerville YMCA
- KinderCampers feel like true members of the camp community as they take part in the full spectrum of activities that engage and entertain campers, including theme days and daily performances here at Camp Sunburst, while still having a separate age-appropriate schedule
TRADITIONAL MULTI-ACTIVITY DAY CAMP
- Camp Sunburst’s outdoor multi-activity traditional camp offers a broad array of activities that engage and entertain campers, including theme days.
- Offered all 11 weeks of camp at Somerville YMCA
- Register for one or more weeks Monday, June 19th through Friday, September 1st
- Campers are divided into groups for age-appropriate fun and engagement all summer long:
- 1st: Discovery
- 2nd: Explorers
- 3rd: Trailblazers
- 4th-5th: Rangers
- 6th-7th: Adventurers
- Offered during weeks 2, 4, 6, 8 & 10 of camp at Somerville YMCA for campers entering grades 1-12
- Offered during weeks 7 & 8 of camp for campers entering grades 1-6
- Offered during weeks 9 & 10 of camp for campers entering grades 1-6
SUPER SCIENCE CAMP
- Offered during weeks 5 & 6 of camp for campers entering grades 1-6
- Camp Sunburst’s signature Counselor in Training (CIT) program is for participants entering grades 8-10 in September
- Offered Monday, June 19th through Friday, August 25th during the first 10 weeks of camp at Somerville YMCA in five 2-week sessions
Take a Workout Break
Kids Corner is a safe, nurturing place for your children to play while you work out at the Y.
Somerville YMCA Kids Corner
For ages 4 to 13 years old
|Evening: Monday – Friday||5 p.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Morning: Saturday||8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
*Free for all Family Membership levels.
RECENT NEWS & HAPPENINGS
FIND WHAT MOVES YOU.
FIND YOUR Y.
Membership Rates at Somerville YMCA
When you join the Y, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your potential, purpose and community. No matter where you are on your journey, the Y is where you can be, belong and become.
two adults & any children 23 & under at the same address
JOIN FEE: $75
SINGLE PARENT FAMILY
one adult & any children 23 & under at the same address
JOIN FEE: $60
add up to 4 additional adults for $33/month per adult
Contact our Membership Team at 908 722 4567 x1 to add additional adults
NEED SOME ADDITIONAL HELP?
Contact our Membership Team
908 722 4567 x1
COME TO THE Y & SEE FOR YOURSELF
Schedule a Personal Tour
Somerville YMCA is a branch of Greater Somerset County YMCA and is located on Green Street in Somerville, NJ. Our members enjoy a lap pool, fitness center and gymnasium with a wide variety of fitness classes for every age and ability. Somerville YMCA also offers school age child care, babysitting services, teen programming, as well as engaging enrichment classes for children, including gymnastics, swim lessons, and a vibrant summer camp program. Somerville YMCA also features a volunteer-led seasonal outdoor community Giving Garden. Our facility is fully accessible.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
5:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday
7:00am – 5:00pm