REDEFINE YOUR HEALTH TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE
YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program
IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH, BOOST YOUR ENERGY
GROUP SUPPORT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED
Led by a trained Lifestyle Coach, you’ll enjoy:
- A safe space where you can feel comfortable sharing and learning in private.
- Making new friends. You will support each other as you all trade old habits for healthier new ones.
- Working as a group. You don’t have to figure this out alone.
- The new energy and confidence that comes with losing weight and reducing your risk for diabetes.
- The flexibility of beginning the program when it’s convenient for you. Classes begin with no fewer than 8 participants and no more than 15 participants. If there is space in a newly formed class, you can join up to the 4th session.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- 18 years or older,
- Overweight (BMI ≥ 25)*, and
- Diagnosed with prediabetes via one of three blood tests or a previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes.**
The 12-month YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program costs $429 per person and includes:
25 one-hour sessions delivered over the course of a year
Weekly and biweekly sessions during the first 6 months followed by monthly sessions during the second 6 months to help maintain progress and stay motivated
A lifestyle coach for 12 months of education and support
Progress reports to your primary care physician
The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program is available to ALL individuals who qualify, regardless of their insurance status.
A Y membership is not required for participation in this program.
Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
JOIN US FOR A FREE INFORMATION SESSION
SKILLS YOU NEED. SUPPORT YOU DESERVE.
Greater Somerset County YMCA complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-877-652-1148 (TTY: 1-711-652-1148).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-877-652-1148 (TTY: 1-711-652-1148).
The Y is a leading nonprofit committed to improving the nation’s health. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Please contact the Y for more information.
YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program (“YMCA’s DPP”) uses a CDC-approved curriculum and is part of the CDC-led National Diabetes Prevention Program. YMCA of the USA offers access to YMCA’s DPP through a network of local YMCAs, and YMCA’s DPP may or may not be a covered benefit under your health insurance policy, worksite wellness program, Medicare Plan, or other applicable federally funded healthcare program. To find out whether YMCA’s DPP is covered under your policy and to determine any cost-sharing responsibilities, contact your insurance company, health plan administrator, wellness program sponsor, Medicare or Medicaid. Any dispute regarding coverage of YMCA’s DPP should be brought to your insurance provider or benefit program administrator. Neither YMCA of the USA nor any local YMCA warrants or guarantees any specific outcome for YMCA’s DPP participants with respect to diabetes prevention.