Swim Lessons for Youth, Teens & Adults
Swim lessons not only keep kids and adults safe in the water, they also build self-esteem and confidence!
GROUP SWIM LESSONS
Our lessons are typically 30-45 minutes each and are offered one to four times a week, depending on the session.
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
In addition to group lessons, we also offer private swim lessons for all ages 3 years and above.
The Greater Somerset County YMCA STORM Swim Team nurtures swimmers to grow as individuals, empowers them to achieve their personal goals as young athletes, and helps ignite their overall potential in a supportive, safe, yet demanding environment. GSCY STORM Swimming is a Silver Medal program recognized by USA Swimming as one of the top-200 teams in the nation.
Build More Than Muscle
Working together in creating a healthier community, one workout at a time.
Water Exercise Classes
If you’re recovering from sports injury, require low impact workouts or just need to relax fatigued muscles, take a dip in our pool for some exciting water exercise programs!
Virtual On-Demand & Livestream
YMCA360 is FREE with your Y membership. Offering 2000+ on-demand exercise classes and programs, it’s healthy living for all – on all your screens!
At the Y, we’re all about bringing people together. You’ll find that our recreational programs help kids, teens, and adults of all ages and abilities learn how to experience and enjoy a wide variety of activities in a supportive environment, including:
Our teen programs encourage youth to realize who they are and what they are capable of achieving, while making friends and memories along their journey.
Welcome to Camp Timber at Bridgewater YMCA
Get ready to enjoy the familiar, fun, and exciting summer day camp experience you’ve come to expect from the Y, including:
- A 9-week program that runs 5 days per week, Monday, June 26th through Friday, August 25th
- For campers entering Kindergarten – 10th grade in September
- Regular camp hours: 9:00am-4:30pm
- Before care hours: 7:30am -9:00am
- After care hours: 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Camp location: Bridgewater YMCA, 601 Garretson Rd, Bridgewater Township, NJ 08807
2023 SUMMER CAMP OPTIONS
- KinderCampers feel like true members of the camp community as they take part in the full spectrum of activities that engage and entertain campers, including theme days and daily performances here at Camp Timber, while still having a separate age-appropriate schedule
TRADITIONAL MULTI-ACTIVITY DAY CAMP
- Traditional day camp is for campers entering grades 1-7 in September
- Register for one or more weeks Monday, June 27th through Friday, August 26th
- Campers are divided into groups for age-appropriate fun and engagement all summer long:
- 1st-2nd: Discovery
- 3rd: Trailblazers
- 4th-5th: Rangers
- 6th-7th: Adventurers
- Camp Timber’s signature Counselor in Training (CIT) program is for participants entering grades 8-10 in September
- Offered Monday, June 27th through Friday, August 26th during all 9 weeks of camp at Bridgewater YMCA
- Choose from one 1-week session and four 2-week sessions
RECENT NEWS & HAPPENINGS
- Greater Somerset County YMCA Hosts 150th Anniversary Gala Basking Ridge, New Jersey, November 27, 2023 – On Friday, November 3, Greater Somerset County YMCA held a […]
FIND WHAT MOVES YOU.
FIND YOUR Y.
Membership Rates at Bridgewater YMCA
When you join the Y, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your potential, purpose and community. No matter where you are on your journey, the Y is where you can be, belong and become.
two adults & any children 23 & under at the same address
JOIN FEE: $75
SINGLE PARENT FAMILY
one adult & any children 23 & under at the same address
JOIN FEE: $60
add up to 4 additional adults for $35/month per adult
Contact our Membership Team at 908 526 0688 x1 to add additional adults
NEED SOME ADDITIONAL HELP?
Contact our Membership Team
908 526 0688 x1
COME TO THE Y & SEE FOR YOURSELF
Schedule a Personal Tour
Bridgewater YMCA is a branch of Greater Somerset County YMCA and is located on Garretson Road in Bridgewater, NJ. Our members enjoy this aquatics facility with an expansive 10-lane lap pool and a family pool. We offer swim lessons for all ages, aquatics exercise classes, and a vibrant summer camp program nestled on our 13-acre suburban park-like setting. We are home to the Greater Somerset County YMCA STORM Swim Team. Bridgewater YMCA also features a volunteer-led seasonal outdoor community Giving Garden and one of Somerset County’s two 24/7 free food pantries. Our facility is fully accessible.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
5:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday
7:00am – 5:00pm