Agreement for Members Paying by Automatic Draft
I understand that this is an on-going membership payment plan, and I may elect to pay by automatic draft. I understand if I elect to do so that my draft will process on the first of every month, regardless of when it shows on my statement, and I authorize Greater Somerset County YMCA, Inc. to initiate an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Terminating or Changing Membership Procedure, Automatic Draft & Fees
The YMCA requires 30-day written notice to terminate or change your membership in any way. You must submit the Membership Edit Form to your branch Welcome Center before the first of your final month. I understand that this means I will still have one final draft after the date I have signed this form. I understand that my membership usage will expire 30 days from the final draft. Should any membership payment not be honored by my bank, for any reason, I realize that I am still responsible for the payment plus a $25 service charge assessed by the YMCA. This is an addition to any service fee my bank may charge.
I understand that it is my responsibility to notify Greater Somerset County YMCA in writing should I change my financial institution and/or account at any time. I understand that I can also change this information myself on my online account.
I understand that it is my responsibility to provide Greater Somerset County YMCA with credit card/bank information throughout the term of my membership. Should the YMCA be unable to process my monthly EFT, it could result in the suspension of my membership.
The YMCA Board of Directors may, at their discretion, adjust the monthly rate applicable to my membership category. I understand that I will receive at least 30 days’ notice prior to such change.
Membership Dues & Fees
Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Your monthly membership dues provide for daily operation of member services.
Returned Check / Returned Draft Fee Policy
For all returned checks and/or bank drafts, a $25 service fee will be applied to the membership account.
Membership Hold Policy
As a courtesy, we allow members to put their membership on hold for up to 3 months in a calendar year. There is a $15 fee charged for each month that the membership is held. Members must complete the Membership Edit form – found here and also located at the Member Services Desk – by the 25th of the month.
Membership Renewal Policy
Members must renew on or before the expiration date on their card for continuous use of the facilities. Members who do not renew their membership within 30 days after expiration will be subject to the new member fee and will not be considered renewing members. This does not apply to bank draft, which is a perpetual membership.
Indecent attire is prohibited. Closed toe athletic shoes are required and dangling keychains/jewelry are prohibited when using the Wellness Center. If you plan to use the pool, please wear a swim suit and bring a towel (a bathing cap is recommended for individuals with hair longer than chin length). We also recommend that you bring a combination lock to secure your belongings in the locker room while using the facility.
Cancellation and Change Policy
Greater Somerset County YMCA branches reserve the right to cancel classes for insufficient enrollment and/or for special events; close facilities in inclement weather or due to circumstances beyond the Y’s control; and change schedules, rates and fees without prior notice when necessary.
Class Refund/Credit Policy
- Requests for class refunds/credits must be submitted in writing using a Refund Request Form (available at each branch Welcome Center) before the third week of the program session.
- After two weeks of the program session, refunds/credits will be issued for medical reasons only (a doctor’s note must accompany the request). Refunds/credits will be issued for the remainder of the session, not for individual classes.
- Refunds/credits will be prorated based on the number of classes attended.
- Refunds/credits are not given for closings due to weather or emergency situations.
- Memberships and initiation fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Program credits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
Code of Conduct
Greater Somerset County YMCA, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that embraces the core values of caring, honest, respect and responsibility. By joining the YMCA, you as a member are agreeing to subscribe to these operating values. If at any time your behavior does not support these values, the YMCA has the right to revoke your membership status.
Members are expected to comply with all YMCA policies as stated on our website
Membership card/fob must be presented for admission – no privileges can be obtained without it
The YMCA promotes a safe, welcoming environment for all members and guests, therefore you shall:
- Act appropriately at all times in a mature and responsible manner
- Respect the rights and dignity of others
- Refrain from language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct
- Be responsible for your personal comfort and safety and ask any person whose behavior threatens your comfort to refrain. If you feel uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, report the behavior to a staff person – director or manager on duty
Prohibited actions specifically include:
- Indecent attire
- Smoking and the use of e-cigarettes, the YMCA is a smoke-free environment
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, name-calling or shouting
- Physical contact with another person—including pushing, shoving or roughhousing of any kind—that may pose a danger or threat of harm
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior
- Theft or behavior that results in destruction of property
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that can be used as weapons
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or YMCA-sponsored programs
- Using video/photography devices throughout the facility except on Parent Observation days and at special events
Be mindful of personal hygiene – we reserve the right to ask a member to leave the facility if they exhibit an offensive odor
Use of mobile devices in the Wellness Center shall be limited to audio or video playback or reading applications
Members and guests shall identify themselves when asked
Each time you come to the Y, you will need to bring your membership identification card. For security reasons, we ask that each member scan their membership card/fob at the Welcome Center upon entering the Y. All guests will be asked to sign in and provide photo identification for scanning into our Raptor System.
Fee-Based Instruction Policy
Personal training, coaching or any type of instruction for a fee at any Greater Somerset County YMCA branch is provided by YMCA employees only. This includes and is not limited to fitness training, swim coaching and sports coaching. Persons not employed by the Y are prohibited from providing instruction of any kind at the YMCA for a fee to members or participants.
An individual may be seen as providing instruction if they are:
- Receiving payment for an exercise or coaching session
- Designing a program or workout
- Providing exercise, sports or swim technique
Failure to comply with the Fee-Based Instruction Policy may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges.
- Members ages 18 and older are welcome to bring guests to the Y. Members must always accompany their guests
- Guests will be asked to complete a waiver form and present a photo ID for scanning into our Raptor System
- Guests will receive 3 complimentary visits per calendar year; after 3 visits, the fee is $20 per visit at Somerset Hills YMCA, and $12 per visit at Bridgewater YMCA, Hillsborough YMCA and Somerville YMCA
- All guests are expected to abide by the YMCA Code of Conduct and the Rules and Regulations of Greater Somerset County YMCA
- Guests are not permitted on teen, youth, summer, college, 7th grade, or any other short-term memberships
Lost & Found Policy
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you have lost an item, the Welcome Center staff can direct you to the lost and found. Unclaimed items will be donated to charity at the end of each month.
Release and Hold Harmless Agreement
ATTENTION: Please read carefully as this Agreement affects you and your family’s legal rights.
GENERAL RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS: In consideration of being permitted to utilize (as a member, participant, guest or volunteer) the facilities, services and programs of Somerset County Young Men’s Christian Association, Inc. (YMCA) for any purpose (including, but not limited to observation or use of facilities or equipment, or participation in any program or event affiliated with the YMCA, without respect to location) I, the undersigned, and my Parent/Guardian, if applicable, do hereby release, indemnify, hold harmless the YMCA, all directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, independent contractors and other participants (collectively “YMCA & Affiliates”) from any and all liability claims, demands, costs, expenses, and actions of any nature whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury, including death, which may be sustained by me, any members of my family, my guests of any age, or to property, whether or not caused by any negligence, either active or passive, by or on behalf of the YMCA & Affiliates.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I understand that participating in activities, as a participant, volunteer, or observer, exposes me to a risk of property damage, personal injury or death. I represent that I am in good health and have not been advised by a health care professional of any restrictions that would affect safe participation in any program or activity in which I elect to take part. I hereby agree to inspect and carefully consider such premises and facilities or the affiliated program immediately upon each occasion of entering or participating. I understand that my choice of participating in programs or activities is voluntary on my part, and I affirm my desire to participate in such program or activity. I agree to assume full responsibility for my safety, the safety of my family and guests, and the safety of my property while I am in or at the YMCA or an event or program affiliated with the YMCA, without respect to location.
MEDICAL RELEASE: In case of accident, injury, or illness of whatever kind or nature and however caused, and in the event my Emergency Contact as designated herein cannot be readily reached, I hereby authorize the YMCA affiliates permission to act on my behalf in seeking appropriate emergency medical treatment. I understand I am responsible for all fees and expenses that result from any such care and treatment rendered.
PHOTOGRAPHIC AND AV RELEASE: I hereby give permission and consent to YMCA & Affiliates to make incidental and occasional photographic, audio and video recordings in connection with participation in YMCA activities or programs and to utilize the same in any manner, and without any compensation to, and/or claim by me, my family or guests.
OTHER: The terms herein shall also serve as a release and assumption of risk by my heirs, successors, assigns and legal representatives, and all members of my family, and may be pleaded as a bar to litigation.
If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Safety & Security Policies
Your safety is a priority. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in adhering to our policies and procedures.
- All members, guests and visitors, including children, are required to scan/sign in at the Welcome Center to gain access to the facility.
- All members must have a membership card and picture on file.
- Children 10 and under must be supervised at all times.
- Locker rooms are available for daily use – please lock your personal belongings.
- The use of cell phones and video recording devices is prohibited except for Special Events and Parent Observation Days.
- To ensure the safety of all, Greater Somerset County YMCA will verify each member and guest through the National Sex Offender Registry and has the right to deny access to those on the SOR registry.
- Family locker rooms are available for adults accompanying children of the opposite gender or those with special needs. Please see the Welcome Center for more information.
Severe Weather Policy
In case of inclement weather, members are encouraged to call their YMCA branch for information regarding program cancellations, delayed openings or closures. Greater Somerset County YMCA makes every effort to display the most up-to-date information on our website and via SMS text messaging.
During severe weather events, while we will make every effort to remain open, the safety of our members and staff is of paramount importance and will determine facility hours. We reserve the right to delay opening or close the facility when deemed necessary.
Classes cancelled due to weather will not be made up and credits will not be issued.
Per recommendation from YMCA Services Corporation, and to ensure the safety of all participants, the pools will close in the event of a thunderstorm or lightning strike. They will remain closed until 30 minutes after the last thunder or lightning strike occurs.
Youth Supervision Policy
- Greater Somerset County YMCA places a high priority on the safety of members and program participants. For the purposes of this policy “YOUTH” is defined as children ages 10 and younger.
- While present in all Greater Somerset County YMCA facilities and program sites, all children ages 10 and under must either be attending a YMCA program or accompanied by a parent or guardian at least 18 years of age.
- All children ages 17 and under must have current emergency contact telephone number(s) and name(s) on file with the Welcome Center.
- Parents/guardians of children ages 10 and under are responsible for delivery to the instructor (at the start) and pick up from the room (immediately at the end) of their child’s class/program.
- During open gym, parents/guardians of children ages 10 and under must be present in the room and supervising their children.
AQUATICS YOUTH SUPERVISION
- All swimmers age 12 and under must be evaluated with a brief swim test administered by YMCA Aquatics staff prior to participation in family swim, lap swim, or youth lap swimming.
- Children who successfully pass the swim test will be provided a green necklace and permitted to access deep areas of the pool.
- Children who are unsuccessful with the swim test will be provided a red necklace which will limit recreational pool space to designated shallow areas.
- Regardless of swim ability, the parent/guardian with children ages 6 and under must be in appropriate bathing attire, in the water, and within arm’s reach at all times.
- During open swim, parents/guardians of children ages 7-10 must be in appropriate bathing attire on the pool deck and actively supervising their children.
- Swimmers with a red necklace and using a life preserver who are under 48” tall must have a parent/guardian in the water and within arm’s reach at all times.
- Click here to contact the Aquatics Director at your primary branch with any questions or for more information.