Swim Lessons for Youth, Teens & Adults
Swim lessons not only keep kids and adults safe in the water, they also build self-esteem and confidence!
GROUP SWIM LESSONS
Our lessons are typically 30-45 minutes each and are offered one to four times a week, depending on the session.
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
In addition to group lessons, we also offer private swim lessons for all ages 3 years and above.
The Greater Somerset County YMCA STORM Swim Team nurtures swimmers to grow as individuals, empowers them to achieve their personal goals as young athletes, and helps ignite their overall potential in a supportive, safe, yet demanding environment. GSCY STORM Swimming is a Silver Medal program recognized by USA Swimming as one of the top-200 teams in the nation.
Build More Than Muscle
Working together in creating a healthier community, one workout at a time.
Group Exercise Classes
With an array of fitness classes each week to choose from, the Y is committed to supporting you and your health and wellness goals.
Virtual On-Demand & Livestream
YMCA360 is FREE with your Y membership. Offering 2000+ on-demand exercise classes and programs, it’s healthy living for all – on all your screens!
Water Exercise Classes
If you’re recovering from sports injury, require low impact workouts or just need to relax fatigued muscles, take a dip in our pool for some exciting water exercise programs!
Health and Wellness at Every Age
From personalized one-on-one nutrition coaching and weight loss programs, to preventative programs for certain health-related diseases and cancer rehabilitation, the Y is here for you.
Enrichment and Education Classes
We want to help develop our neighbors in our community to be leaders and changemakers – but above all, we want to see everyone lead healthy and happy lives.
Youth and Adult Sports
Whether it’s a game of basketball or flag football, the sportsmanship learned through the Y’s sports programs brings friends and neighbors together – regardless of age. The sports programs we offer improve self-confidence and promote diversity among our community and include:
At the Y, we’re all about bringing people together. You’ll find that our recreational programs help kids, teens, and adults of all ages and abilities learn how to experience and enjoy a wide variety of activities in a supportive environment, including:
Our teen programs encourage youth to realize who they are and what they are capable of achieving, while making friends and memories along their journey.
What Doesn’t Challenge You Doesn’t Change You
Whether you’re new to the gym and need guidance on your fitness regimen or want to fine tune your routine, our certified personal trainers can help you set your goals with an introductory fitness assessment, and will help you reach them with a customized program tailored to your unique needs.
Our Training Options
- Tri-Pack Personal Training Introductory Offer
- Traditional One-on-One Personal Training
- FitCommit One-on-one Personal Training
- Pairs Personal Training & Small-Group Training
- Water Personal Training
Not Sure Where to Start?
Current Training Clients
Use your YMCA key fob barcode number to log in and schedule your next personal training appointment!
Adaptive Fitness and All Abilities Programs
We are proud to offer many adaptive fitness and all abilities programs and services for individuals with special needs and diverse abilities. Recognizing the need for these programs in our community, we aim to help individuals gain confidence, promote independence and responsibility, socialize and work with others, and nurture a healthy and active lifestyle. Qualified, trained staff members lead these programs and in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
Ensuring Bright Futures
Each day at the Y, we nurture the potential of every child. We provide a fun, safe and structured hands-on learning experience where children can discover their full learning potential in a home away from home.
Program Options For School Year 2022-2023
Infant Care (Ages 6 weeks to 22 months)
Infants build cognitive sensory skills through play-based activities such as music, storytelling and other physical activities that foster growth and learning through independent exploration.
Toddlers (Ages 22 months to 3 years)
Toddlers explore the world and work on their social skills in a group through immersive activities that include music, sports, stories and science.
Preschool 1 (Ages 3 years to 4 years)
Our staff inspires and supports literacy, math and language both socially and cognitively through interactive learning, such as recognizing patterns, sequences, numbers, and letters.
Preschool 2 (Ages 4 years to 5 years)
Children explore the worlds of science, math, literacy and social studies to acquire kindergarten readiness.
Pre-Kindergarten Plus (Ages 4 1/2 years to 5 years)
Designed for children who miss the kindergarten cut-off date and have already experienced Preschool II level class.
Strong Foundations for Bright Futures
Our Kindergarten Programs prepare children for a seamless academic and social transition to 1st Grade.
Full Day Kindergarten (Ages 5 years to 6 years)
Hillsborough YMCA’s Full Day Kindergarten Program is dedicated to successfully preparing each child for a smooth transition to 1st Grade and elementary school.
Kindergarten Enrichment (Ages 5 years to 6 years)
Count on the Y for Quality Care
The Y is here to support the needs of area working families with safe, supervised care where kids can continue to focus on cognitive, physical, and social development.
HILLSBOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Before School Care
Our Y staff will ensure students are engaged with morning activities including sports, art, and S.T.E.M.
After School Care
Our Y staff will ensure students complete daily homework requirements followed by supervised enrichment activities.
Buses will pick up and/or drop off from the following schools and pick up or drop off at the YMCA:
- Triangle (Before & Aftercare)
- Hillsborough Elementary School (Aftercare)
- Hillsborough Middle School (Before & Aftercare)
- Woodfern (Before & Aftercare)
- Auten Road Intermediate School (Before & Aftercare)
- Sunnymead (Aftercare)
Please note: a 10-participant minimum is required to run before and after care programs.
School’s Out, But The Y Is Always In!
When school is out or closed for holiday breaks, we have you covered with full-day care in a safe, supervised environment where kids can have fun while school is out of session.
Hillsborough YMCA Kids Day Out
(Non-School Vacation Day Care)
Our vacation child care program is offered for children in grades K-8 from 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. daily. Care is offered according to the school calendar, excluding holidays.
Welcome to Camp STAR at Hillsborough YMCA
Get ready to enjoy the familiar, fun, and exciting summer day camp experience you’ve come to expect from the Y, including:
- A 10-week program that runs 5 days per week, Monday, June 26th through Friday, September 1st
- For campers entering grades K-10 in September
- Regular camp hours: 8:30am-4:30pm
- Before care hours: 7:00am-8:30am
- After care hours: 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Camp location: Hillsborough YMCA, 19 E Mountain Rd, Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844
2023 SUMMER CAMP OPTIONS
- KinderCampers feel like true members of the camp community as they take part in the full spectrum of activities that engage and entertain campers, including theme days and daily performances here at Camp STAR, while still having a separate age-appropriate schedule
TRADITIONAL MULTI-ACTIVITY DAY CAMP
- Traditional day camp is for campers entering grades 1-7 in September
- Camp STAR’s popular, outdoor multi-activity day camp offers a broad array of activities that engage, challenge, and entertain.
- Register for one or more weeks Monday, June 26th through Friday, September 1st
Campers explore their talents, build new skills, and foster a sense of teamwork:
- JV: Offered during week 5 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- Varsity: Offered during week 4 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- FLAG FOOTBALL
- Offered during week 8 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- JV: Offered during week 7 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- Varsity: Offered during week 6 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- MARTIAL ARTS
- Offered during week 9 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- JV: Offered during week 3 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- Varsity: Offered during week 2 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- WATER GAMES JR.
- Offered during week 10 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
Campers explore their creativity and pursue passions:
- ART – ADVANCED
- Offered during week 4 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- CULINARY CREATIONS
- Offered during week 10 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- Beginner: Offered during week 4 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- Advanced: Offered during week 8 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- ECO EXPEDITION
- Offered during week 7 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- FASHION & JEWELRY
- Offered during week 1 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- FUTURE VETS
- Offered during week 6 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- Offered during week 5 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- LEGO ROBOTICS
- Offered during week 5 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- LITTLE EINSTEINS
- Offered during week 3 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- OOEY GOOEY
- Offered during week 1 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- PINT-SIZED PICASSO
- Offered during week 6 of camp for campers entering grades 1-3
- Offered during week 8 of camp for campers entering grades 1-4
- Offered during week 9 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- SIGN LANGUAGE
- Offered during week 3 of camp for campers entering grades 4-7
- Camp STAR’s signature Counselor in Training (CIT) program is for participants entering grades 8-10 in September
- Offered Monday, June 26th through Friday, September 1st during all 10 weeks of camp at Hillsborough YMCA in five 2-week sessions
Take a Workout Break
Kids Corner is a safe, nurturing place for your children to play while you work out at the Y.
Hillsborough YMCA Kids Corner
For ages 2 months to 13 years old
|Tuesday||5:45 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.|
|Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.|
*Free for all members.
RECENT NEWS & HAPPENINGS
Greater Somerset County YMCA Launches Popular LES MILLS Program at the Y and Invites the Community to Experience the Benefits of MembershipGreater Somerset County YMCA Launches Popular LES MILLS Program at the Y and Invites the Community to Experience the Benefits of Membership PRESS RELEASE [Basking Ridge, […]
FIND WHAT MOVES YOU.
FIND YOUR Y.
Membership Rates at Hillsborough YMCA
When you join the Y, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your potential, purpose and community. No matter where you are on your journey, the Y is where you can be, belong and become.
two adults & any children 23 & under at the same address
JOIN FEE: $75
SINGLE PARENT FAMILY
one adult & any children 23 & under at the same address
JOIN FEE: $60
add up to 4 additional adults for $33/month per adult
Contact our Membership Team at 908 369 0490 x1 to add additional adults
NEED SOME ADDITIONAL HELP?
Contact our Membership Team
908 369 0490 x1
COME TO THE Y & SEE FOR YOURSELF
Schedule a Personal Tour
Hillsborough YMCA is a branch of Greater Somerset County YMCA and is located on East Mountain Road in Hillsborough, NJ. Our members enjoy a lap pool plus a therapy pool, fitness center, numerous group exercise classes for all ages and abilities, a gymnasium, and an early childhood education and child care center. We also offer babysitting services, school age child care, enrichment classes for kids, exercise programs for seniors, a dynamic summer camp program, and more. Our facility is fully accessible.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
5:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday – Sunday
7:00am – 3:00pm